Re-purposed Vinegar Tank Lumber
Originally constructed between 1910 and 1920 as tanks to hold
mash for the Melville Distillery, the tank held vinegar from the 1950’s. The tank was taken off line as the company moved to fiberglass and stainless steel. During demolition, the iron bands were removed and the tanks dismantled one stick at a time. The lumber was air dried with sticks between the stacks so that it could slowly stabilize.
see more photos =>